Engineering Technology Career Opportunities
Description of the Major
The mission of the ET sequence is to prepare technically-oriented
managerial professionals and leaders for business, industry,
government, and education by articulating and integrating student
experiences and core competencies in engineering technology.
Skills & Knowledge Developed in this Field of Study
The courses in the ET sequence focus on the management of people,
processes, and materials through application-oriented activities. As a
result, our students are well equipped to become project managers.
Our students learn in three integrated ways:
Theory - Internalizing ideas necessary to succeed in the field.
Practice - Familiarizing themselves with the processes needed to complete tasks.
Experience - Using our modern
facilities to gain experience with the equipment and processes they will
be dealing with in their future careers.
Salary and Placement Statistics
The typical starting salary as reported in the alumni follow up surveys is between $35,000 and $55,000.
Graduates of the engineering technology program are actively
recruited for leadership roles. Initial placement positions include the
- Operations/supply chain management
- Project management
- Process control
- Production management
- Product design
- Quality control support
- Technical sales
Employers Who Have Hired Our Graduates
- Advanced Drainage Systems
- Alexander Manufacturing
- Caterpillar, Inc.
- Capsonic, Inc.
- Continental Plastic Containers, Inc.
- Crane Kemlite
- Custom Aluminum Products, Inc.
- Eakus Corp.
- Eaton Cutler-Hammer
- Enercon Engineering, Inc.
- G E Plastics
- General Motors
- Harrington industrial Plastics
- Hoffer Plastics Corp.
- Honeywell Hobbs Corp.
- Illinois Valley Plastics, Inc.
- Iverson & Company
- Jeld Wen
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- Material Control System
- Mitsubishi Motor Mfg. of America, Inc.
- Montaplast of North America
- Motorola, Inc.
- Nestle USA
- Panduit Corp.
- Plastipak Packaging, Inc.
- Ring Container Technologies
- Scholle Corp.
- Seaquist Perfect Molding LP
- Supply Chain Services International
- Transparent Container Co., Inc.
- Tricon Industries