Welcome to the Department of Technology, where we are Preparing Tomorrow's Technology Leaders
The Department is recognized as one of the premier Technology programs in the nation at both the Bachelor's and Master's levels. Annually serving over 600 students, the faculty and staff are dedicated to preparing individuals for leadership positions as management-oriented technology professionals in six undergraduate programs and three areas of graduate study.
Some quick facts about our Department:
- Our undergraduate programs are accredited by industry leaders, including:
- The curriculum blends extensive experiential learning with business and management principles and practices.
- Graduate certificate programs are offered in Project Management, STEM Education and Leadership, and Technical Training.
- Typical class sizes range from 20-24 students and regularly include laboratory experiences.
- Facilities include a one of a kind automation laboratory comprised of 10 robotics workstations and conveyor systems. The laboratory was generously funded by the Caterpillar Foundation.
- A full-time systems manager maintains our computer networks and software.
Students Industry, and Professional Organizations
- Each undergraduate program has strong industry connections, advisory boards, and student chapters of supporting professional organizations.
- Teams of students annually travel to conferences to participate in national competitions sponsored by professional organizations.
- An online summer program helps keep students on track to a timely graduation.
- Approximately $24,000 in endowed scholarships are awarded annually. Scholarships and enhancements to our equipment and facilities are made possible because of the generous financial support of our alumni, past and present faculty, and friends of the department.
- Placement rates are very positive. Graduates are actively recruited for employment in Illinois and across the nation.
- Graduates are well positioned to step into technical management positions. Although compensation packages vary by area of study, reported average starting salaries for B.S. graduates over the past several years have been in the $35,000 to $55,000 range.
Download program information and points of pride.
After exploring this site, if you would like additional information please call or email our Academic Advisor, Cathy McKay. If she can't answer your question, she will direct you to someone who can!
On behalf of the faculty and staff, I wish you all the best in your educational endeavors at Illinois State.
Professor and Chair
Department of Technology