Welcome to the Department of Technology, where we are Preparing Tomorrow's Technology Leaders
The Department is recognized as one of the premier Technology programs in the nation at both the Bachelor's and Master's levels. Annually serving over 600 students, the faculty and staff are dedicated to preparing individuals for leadership positions as management-oriented technology professionals in six undergraduate programs and four areas of graduate study.
Some quick facts about our Department:
Students Industry, and Professional Organizations
- Each undergraduate program has strong industry connections, advisory boards, and student chapters of supporting professional organizations.
- Teams of students annually travel to conferences to participate in national competitions sponsored by professional organizations.
- An online summer program helps keep students on track to a timely graduation.
- Approximately $25,000 in scholarships are awarded annually. Scholarships and enhancements to our equipment and facilities are made possible because of the generous financial support of our alumni, past and present faculty, and friends of the department.
- Placement rates are very positive. Graduates are actively recruited for employment in Illinois and across the nation.
- The job placement rate for graduating students was over 90 percent in the last year. Starting salaries for students who received Bachelor of Science degrees ranged from $35,000 to $65,000. For students who completed a Master of Science degree, it was between $50,000 and $85,000.
Download program information and points of pride.
After exploring this site, if you would like additional information please call or email our Academic Advisor, Cathy McKay. If she can't answer your question, she will direct you to someone who can!
On behalf of the faculty and staff, I wish you all the best in your educational endeavors at Illinois State.
Dr. Ted Branoff
Professor and Chair
Department of Technology