University Admission Requirements
A student applying to a graduate certificate program must:
- have earned a four-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a college or university that is accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting association, or do so within one academic year
- present unofficial transcripts from each college or university other than Illinois State at which graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was earned. The unofficial transcript should be easily readable and clearly indicate degree(s) awarded, courses and course grades for each term. If accepted, official transcripts can be emailed from the university to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu or mailed in a sealed envelope to: Illinois State University, Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040.
International students can learn more about specific application requirements by visiting the Office of Admissions.
Additional Program Admission Requirements
A student applying to this program must:
- provide an official transcript from each higher education institution attended
- GPA of 3.25 in the last 60 credit hours of the undergraduate program, or 3.0 overall
- provide an official TOEFL/IELTS Score (if applying as an international student)
International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 79 iBT, 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based; the minimum acceptable IELTS score is 6.5 band
Admission Dates and Deadlines
|Preferred deadline: March 1
|Preferred deadline: March 1; unavailable for first time international students
|Dr. Joshua Brown